ATVS! Seriously, who doesn’t love an ATV? They are fun and allow you to gain a whole new perspective on your surroundings. And when those surroundings are lush tropical forests, hidden waterfalls, and mountain passes, the perspective will be amazing.
So when you come to Kauai, check out Kipu Ranch Adventures and sign up for an ATV tour. When you join a tour, you will get to see places you never dreamed of visiting and you will view sites that you can’t even imagine. Riding through the tropical forests and river valleys will give you a sense of adventure, but there is more to it than that.
The Kipu Ranch itself is a great place to visit. It is a real working ranch with hundreds of cattle, pigs, geese, pheasants, and other ranch animals. On the ATV tour, you will get a history of the ranch as well as a guided tour. You will get to explore the pastures, travel up the mountain trails, and see the watering holes… which are also great places to swim by the way.
So here is what you need to bring:
1. A swimsuit for those pools of water
2. Comfortable hiking shoes for the short hikes up the trail to locations the ATVs can’t reach
3. A camera for those scenic views
4. A towel for after the swimming
5. And an extra sweatshirt just in case the weather gets wet along the trails (though on Kauai it never gets too cold)
What you do not need to bring is a helmet, food, safety goggles, or instructions for how to work an ATV. All of those things are provided by the tour guide. So sit back, relax, and get your motor running!